|12 Traditions of Millati Islami
- Shahadah - We bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammed is the last messenger of Allah.
- Personal recovery depends upon Millati Islami unity. Believers are friends and protectors of one another.
- For our individual and Jamaat (group) purpose there is but one ultimate authority which is Allah (God, the source from which all originates).
- Requirements for participation are a desire to stop using and willingness to learn a better way of life.
- Each Jamaat (group) should be autonomous except in their adherence in to these traditions.
- Our primary Jamaat (group) purpose is carrying out Al-Islam as the message of recovery to those who still suffer (Dawah).
- Problems of money, property, and prestige must never divert us from our primary purpose.
- Every Millati Islami Jamaat (group) should be self supporting but may accept sadaqa (voluntary charity) without attached obligations orpromises to donating parties.
- We may create service boards and committees directly responsible to those we serve.
- The Millati Islami name aught never be drawn into public controversy.
- Our public relations policy is based upon attraction before promotion. The criterion for both are decided by Jamaat (group), Taqwa, and Ihsan.
- Iman (faith) is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, reminding us to place principles before personalities.